Monday, August 24, 2015

The trip back.

After a great week in Chester I left for my trip home.  I thought that I would make a few stops on the way home but the weather was so foggy that I only made one stop.  I was going to stop at Rogues Roost but when I got there it was so foggy that I decided to go more inland to Pig's Island.  Which is about another mile inland from Rogues Roost.  As I was coming around the back side of the island the fog cleared and it was sunny.  The anchorage is very nice with lots of swing room and very well protected from all sides.
Pigs Island
 
There are a few moorings in this area but I used my anchor since I didn't know if the moorings were any good or not.  The water was about 15 feet deep in the centre of the cove.
After spending a very quite nice at anchor I head back towards Halifax.  As soon as I got off the coast a little bit the fog was back with me all the way home.
Fog at Halifax entrance buoy
The route of this trip

No comments:

Post a Comment